Whenever I’m working on a project, I like to keep the related objects grouped together and separated from other projects, to make my life easier.
Oracle cloud helps you to do this with compartments and making them is pretty easy.
I’m using an Oracle Cloud Free Tier for my example, if you don’t have an account you can get one at https://www.oracle.com/cloud/free/
After you log into your Oracle Cloud Dashboard.
- Open the Menu
- Scroll down and click Identity
- Click on Compartments
- Click on the Create Compartment button
- Fill in Name and Description
- Choose a parent compartment or leave it set to the root compartment
- Click the ‘Create Compartment’ button
Now when you create a new object such as an Autonomous Database or a Compute instance you can keep them organized in your new compartment.